Heavy Duty Solution
Rugged computing solutions against strong vibration.
Vehicles such as dump trucks, cranes, excavators and tractors usually operate in heavy industries or agricultural sectors and require rugged computing solutions that must be tough and durable enough to withstand the harshest environments. These computers must be designed and reinforced to be rugged enough to handle the shock and vibrations of the vehicles.
Winmate understands the needs of heavy duty applications and provides solutions to industrial challenges:
- Changing weather conditions
Industrial Panel PCs for industrial fieldwork are facing challenging weather conditions such as high and low temperature, shock, vibration, humidity.
- Strong vibration of the heavy duty vehicle
Uneven fields, drops, high temperature, rain, and vigorous shakes are destructive to mobile computers.
- Unstable power supply from the vehicle
Vehicle mount panel PCs that receive power from the vehicle must be protected from power surges and unstable power supply.
- Work in remote locations
Wireless signal capabilities must be strong enough to work in remote locations such as mining site, forest, or suburb areas of the city.
Modern commercial layout, functionality as well as versatility--these are the typical necessities for today's Human Machine Interfaces (HMI). As indispensable components of the customer experience, industrial HMI displays have to be straightforward, adaptable, and instinctive user interfaces, state-of-the-art appearance, and feel.
Winmate's Panel PC and HMI series supply powerful computing capabilities and work efficiency. Multitouch capabilities enhance the user-friendly interface and frameless glass display for a stylish design.
Our heavy-duty rugged computing solutions include:
- Shock, vibration and drop resistance, tested according to US Military Standards
- Mechanical design with M12 connectors
- Vehicle mounting solution
- Projected capacitive multitouch screen or protection glass
- Wide power input range with isolation and power ignition
What're Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Winmate has long studied Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) issues on our server, panel PC, and mobile devices. We have developed industrial automation solutions that meet customers' requests—products that prevent electromagnetic radiation interference and other facilities. We also ensure our products mitigate the influence of electromagnetic waves on human health.
For the Substation Automation System (SAS) application, Winmate has successfully improved our process to gain the ability to produce products that meet IEC 61850-3 international protocol. IEC 61850-3 international protocol is a well-structured, widely-used EMC guideline to test products' EMC capabilities that ensures products used in a substation can withstand a certain amount of EMC influence without experiencing malfunctions communications loss, or delays.
With years of experience and improved processes, Winmate can now design an automation system that meets the IEC 61850 standard. Our server, panel PC, and mobile devices can operate smoothly with our EMC solution without interfering with another system nearby.
Core Capabilities / Advantages
- Emission, Susceptibility, and Path are the three constituents of EMC, with emission being the one causing the most incompatibilities while yielding the most effective solutions. Susceptibility, on the other hand, is more subtle in its effect and its solutions. Finally, the Path can be the arbiter of both.
- By using thermal simulation software, Winmate can analyze thermal problems easily, quickly, and accurately. With a new breed of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools, this simulation is based on the same mathematical foundation as traditional CFD software but is easy to use. We use well-defined thermal analysis procedures to verify our systems adaptability in the harsh environment applications. Especially in fanless cooling design, we develop a heat-sink or heat-pipe solution to conduct the heat and the airflow for the best thermal solution. We provide dedicated thermal analysis technology by using thermal analysis software. Before production, we use an Infrared thermal video system (TVS) to check if our thermal design works.
Vibration and shock resistance
- Following the different demands of anti-shock and vibration in all different applications, we can provide different grades of shock or vibration standards for our product range. Rugged vehicle mount computers that meet the standard could maintain their operation under severe environments.
Wide temperature range
- Winmate provides HMI and industrial panel PC to deliver optimum performance over a wide range of temperatures to accommodate diverse industrial applications such as outdoor kiosks in winter and summer (In general test conditions, the actual case should depend on your automatic selection). At the high-temperature condition, the mechanism protects the power switch from overheating. The power will turn off when over 65 degrees C and return to turn on status when the internal temperature drops back to 55 degrees.
Safety and Standards
MIL-STD-810GShock, vibration and drop
Full IP65-ratedWater and dust proof